East Perth Station Upgrade – October Out-Of-Hours Works
2 October 2017
To continue work on the East Perth Station Upgrade, out-of-hours work is required as follows:
- Sunday 8 October, 7am to 7pm;
- Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 October, 7pm to 7am each night;
- Friday 13 to Thursday 19 October, 7pm to 7am each night;
- Sunday 22 October, 7am to 7pm;
- Monday 23 to Friday 27 October, 7pm to 7am each night;
- Sunday 29 October, 7am to 7pm; and
- Saturday 28 to Monday 30 October, 7pm to 7am each night.
This work is required to take place during these hours to prevent excessive disruption to Midland Line services and ensure the safety of passengers and the general public.
The works will involve:
- Installing platform walls, foundations and steel;
- Removing spoil material and reinstating ballast within the rail corridor;
- Continuing earth works and loading material into the rail reserve;
- Installing concourse screens, roofing, glazing and ceilings;
- Installing the island canopy;
- Conducting signal testing;
- Re-railing, regulating and tamping the track; and
- Installing overhead line.
All work will follow an approved Noise Management Plan, however some noise and disturbance is unavoidable.
Standard construction hours are 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday. During out-of-hours works, if you feel there is excessive noise please contact the Site Supervisor directly on 0428 358 569. This allows them to immediately review the source of the noise and if possible, put mitigation measures in place.