The stakeholders recognised that the Stadium should reflect Perth’s unique culture and history and the many ideas put forward included links to Perth’s indigenous history, creating a stadium “with soul”, enhancing the connection of the site to the Swan River and allowing a stunning vista to the City.
Above all, the stakeholders identified the need to put fans first in the planning and delivery of the Stadium. As a result of this consultation five aspirations for the project were agreed:
- Cater for the fans using the Stadium by taking a “fan-first” approach to planning and design to create an exceptional event atmosphere.
- The flexible design will deliver a multipurpose venue and a “fan-first” experience.
- It will be designed with cutting edge Stadium technology that caters for future trends.
- The Stadium will bring a new experience in sports viewing and entertainment to Perth and Western Australia.
- Perth Stadium will transform the Burswood Peninsula and create a spectacular gateway to our City.
- The Stadium will take advantage of its riverside views and central location.
- It will be a catalyst for future development in the area, creating a new sports and entertainment precinct for Perth.
- Together with other major development projects such as the Perth Waterfront and City Link, Perth Stadium will enhance Perth’s reputation as a world-class destination.
- It will enable Perth to attract more international events.
- The Stadium will acknowledge our State’s rich sporting history and heritage.
- It will attract more visitors to our State.
- The fan experience will be enhanced through the provision of an improved and integrated public transport system comprising upgrades to road, rail, bus and pedestrian services to allow maximum public transport usage.
- The upgrades will plan for more than 50,000 fans or 83% of the Stadium capacity using public transport for major events.
- The upgraded system will not only improve public transport and access for Stadium events, it will also have flow on benefits for other Burswood Peninsula activities.
- The upgrades will significantly improve connectivity to surrounding areas and support Perth’s overall future transport requirements.
- Project management for the Stadium will focus on sound planning and strong contract management to achieve the best value for money and deliver a world class stadium on time and within the approved budget.